The SIA AppChallenge is back for its sixth version and it’s seeking for the most important breakthroughs in journey technological innovation to clear up 6 essential ache points. The deadline for entries is July twelve.
The AppChallenge is a single of the initiatives from the airline in search of to establish its interactions and networks with startups from all all over the earth. This year’s 6 themes problem startups to take into consideration the next thoughts:
- Seamless Journey Knowledge – How can we automate the process of determining ruined baggage? How can we control in-cabin baggage to ensure a sleek boarding practical experience? How can we re-consider a customer’s lifestyle onboard Vistara flights? How can we use technological innovation to lower catering waste and automate the inflight shipping of pre-ordered meals?
- Men and women and Functions – How can we use gamification to assess the suitability of candidates for Cabin Crew roles? How can we leverage intuitive digital equipment to help engineers in pre-departure actions?
- Beyond Journey – How can we permit new purchasing encounters at actual physical touchpoints by means of private mobile equipment?
- Travelling in the New Norm – How can we establish sturdy capabilities that deal with customers’ worries on their wellness and safety across their journey journey, equally on ground and in flight?
- New Business Opportunities – How can we leverage SIA’s assets and world-wide brand name to start new solutions, solutions and businesses that are adjacent to and enhance our main business?
- Sustainability – How can we produce new methods to broaden our sustainability initiatives?
“This problem is an opportunity for startups at the forefront of innovation to function with the world’s foremost airline and be portion of the driving force in modifying the way we journey,” the corporation stated in a released statement.
Pursuing the submissions spherical, picked startups will be invited to pitch their methods virtually to SIA, Scoot and Vistara business groups, and incorporate feed-back from the session.
Shortlisted contributors will then enter the “prototyping round” – wherever they will be essential to establish or great-tune their products, in planning for their pitch to SIA. Participants will acquire weekly virtual mentoring from SIA and NUS Business to guidebook them in their prototyping.
Lastly, finalists will be invited to pitch to Singapore Airways senior administration and top executives in October. Remedies with business possible will be quick-tracked into the SIA Accelerator Programme, wherever startups will establish a evidence-of-concept of their alternative with Singapore Airways.
Up to five startups from the Grand Finale spherical will quick-keep track of utilizing their methods by means of the SIA Accelerator Programme and will:
- Participate in a ten-7 days programme to carry out their alternative by means of a evidence-of-concept
- Be matched with a focused SIA business mentor and NUS advisor to co-produce their alternative
- Gain entry to Singapore Airways and essential partners’ APIs
- Obtain a workspace and services at Singapore Airways Electronic Innovation Lab, KrisLab
- Obtain funding Assistance
The AppChallenge is open up pre-seed to Sequence A startups around the world. Implement below. Deadline: July twelve.
WiT is very pleased to be a Singapore Airways AppChallenge media lover.